SRP Cool Cash Rebate
SRP Cool Cash Rebate Information
Get up to $400 back on a new energy-efficient AC or heat pump
Correct sizing of your AC or heat pump system and proper installation are critical to ensuring your energy savings and maximum indoor comfort. Our Cool Cash rebate program requires your contractor to install and verify your new air conditioner meets industry standards and manufacturer specifications to operate at peak efficiency.
The chart below identifies the rebates available for the various equipment configurations.
Central AC and Heat Pump
(Heat pumps only)
|15.0 or higher
||12.0 or higher
||8 or higher
|16.0 or higher
|17.0 or higher
All qualifying equipment must be listed in the CEE/ARI Verified Directories as meeting or exceeding the efficiency minimums required by the program
AC system warning signs
- Central air conditioner or heat pump is 10 years or older.
- Electricity use increases while your comfort decreases.
- Cooling or heating system is noisy.
- System runs longer to maintain the same thermostat setting.AC rebate program requirementsTo participate you must:
- Be a permanent SRP residential electric customer that resides in a single-family detached, single family attached (duplex, triplex or quadplex only), mobile home or apartment/condo (duplex, triplex or quadplex only).
- Replace an existing central heat pump or central AC with a new high-efficiency system that meets minimum efficiency ratings.
- New construction homes and window units do not qualify.
- Have the qualified system installed by a residential licensed contractor by April 30, 2015.
- Both indoor air handler and condensing units must be replaced on split systems.How to apply for rebate
- Complete a rebate application with your contractor and mail it to:
SRP Cool Cash™ Rebate Program
2702 N. Third St., Suite 2020
Phoenix, AZ 85004
- Include a copy of the Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) certificate stating the certified efficiency rating of your new system. Applications and the AHRI certificate will be supplied by the contractor
- Upon request by SRP, you must allow SRP or our agent to inspect the installed unit to verify compliance with Cool Cash requirements.NOTE: SRP reserves the right to change or cancel this promotion or its terms and conditions at any time.Terms to know
- Seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER): measures how efficiently a central cooling system (air conditioner or heat pump) will operate over an entire cooling season
- Energy efficiency ratio (EER): measures how efficiently a cooling system will operate when the outdoor temperature is at a specific level (usually 95º F)
- Heating season performance factor (HSPF): measures how efficiently heat pumps will operate in their heating mode over an entire heating season